A. Simple kidnapping is:
(1) The intentional and forcible seizing and carrying of any person from one place to another without his consent.
(2) The intentional taking, enticing or decoying away, for an unlawful purpose, of any child not his own and under the age of fourteen years, without the consent of its parent or the person charged with its custody.
(3) The intentional taking, enticing or decoying away, without the consent of the proper authority, of any person who has been lawfully committed to any orphan, insane, feeble-minded or other similar institution.
(4) The intentional taking, enticing or decoying away and removing from the state, by any parent of his or her child, from the custody of any person to whom custody has been awarded by any court of competent jurisdiction of any state, without the consent of the legal custodian, with intent to defeat the jurisdiction of the said court over the custody of the child.
(5) The taking, enticing or decoying away and removing from the state, by any person, other than the parent, of a child temporarily placed in his custody by any court of competent jurisdiction in the state, with intent to defeat the jurisdiction of said court over the custody of the child.
B. Whoever commits the crime of simple kidnapping shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than five years, or both.
The above statute is provided as a free service of the Baton Rouge personal injury attorney and criminal defense attorneys at Babcock Partners, LLC. Our Baton Rouge accident attorney and Louisiana criminal defense lawyers provide extremely aggressive representation for individuals in local, state, and federal courts throughout all of Louisiana.
If you, a family member, or friend or loved one has been charged with this crime, or were injured in an automobile accident, please call us locally at (225) 344-0911 or toll-free at 1-800-939-0911 for a free criminal or personal injury consultation. Or if you prefer, you can send us an e-mail by filling out the Free Consultation contact form here. The personal injury and criminal attorneys at Babcock Partners, LLC are standing by to assist you with your legal matter. Call now for a free consultation.
Updated: February 17, 2014